Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Without Regrets Benefit, etc

Time Warp again.

The Without Regrets benefit at Threadgill's on July 28 was an overwhelming success. What an amazing show for such a great cause. Great sets by The Soldier Thread, Vallejo and Friends, and ETB blew up the stage for a blistering hour + set.

The event raised more than $7000. Awesome! Triniti talked to the benefit sponsors, donated a Reiki session as a raffle prize, and talked about Concerts 4 Cures and Without Regrets joining forces for a future benefit event. At the end of the night she won 2 weekend passes to Austin City Limits Fest from her single raffle ticket. Amazing! Now to submit my essay on why I should be her date ;)



Photos courtesy of DaveTV







Photos courtesy Triniti Young





And this was the first show I played since reading "The Music Lesson" by Victor Wooten. Which will be a post unto itself.

Other things that happened since this amazing event...

The following Friday (Aug 3) I dusted off my Marshall JCM800 full stack for the first time since IRONCLAD several years ago to join Thunderosa onstage at the Dirty Dog! That was a blast. I didn't know all the songs but Mike the bassist was instrumental in cuing me for things I couldn't slop my way through, heh. Good times and good-time loud rock n roll. Hopefully more guest lead guitar slots with them to come. Pics of the night coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment