Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jan 4, 2012

Sitting in the waiting room for my HAAM dentist appointment. Teeth are fine, just been awhile. If it wasn't for Health Alliance for Austin Musicians I would have no medical/dental/eye/mental health coverage. Please support them, you are helping me and my teeth, and many of my good friends.

After this I go for practice with Arcana Mundi, Tim Abbot's new band. Playing guitar, awesome. Well I wanted to play guitar more so Tim informed me he's getting together with some players and if I could learn 4 songs. This was yesterday afternoon.

Drove into town yesterday (listening to CD) to close the deal on the Hobbit Hole, as we are calling it. A property off South Congress in _____ RV Park. A 5th wheel trailer which a friend gutted and remodeled, and added 3 rooms onto. From the outside looks a bit ramshackle. But on inside: full kitchen, bathroom with shower stall and room for a queen bed in the upstairs "pod". And that's just the trailer. Added on are a full entry room, screened in patio/living area (will fully enclose that) and a back bedroom/office with bunk beds and hardwood floors. It's not much but it awesome. And thanks to the help of my family, I own it. Trin and I start moving in Saturday. We looked into a live/work space a block down the road. 800 sqft for $2000/month. Yeah.

So this is amazing news. Which couldn't have come at a better time, as I was in bad shape first half of December. Was thinking to utilize some counseling thru SIMS, the mental health part of HAAM. Felt stuck, powerless, and was losing hope that we'd be able to move back into town and get re-established without making some drastic and desperate career moves. But the Hobbit Hole fell into our laps and was a place we could easily afford. Now gas from/back to Lakeway is no longer an issue. Everything we need to do is within 5 miles. Eric can pick me up for gigs downtown. Yeah. Perfect. Looking very much forward to firmly replanting myself into the music community.

So this had totally turned things around for me. And other offers are coming in fast. Possible King's X tour in the spring. Tim and Stanley Man are talking CD release parties for Feb. ETB just picked up opening for Lucas Nelson (son of Willie) at House of Blues in Houston next Wednesday. We play BD Riley's on Friday and already will be in Houston Saturday to rock Continental Club with our good friends, the mighty Amplified Heat.

So yeah. Good things. Have a lot to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment