Thursday, April 5, 2012

South By Sort-Of Report: Day Minus 1

Tuesday March 13, 2012


This is all written after the fact, so forgive any missing details or inadequate embellishments.


I was conflicted all day about going to the SXSW kickoff party at Red Eyed Fly, which I have been going to every year for the last 10 or so. But I wanted to take this SXSW easy. Plus my "Leap of Faith" and reprint "Ocean of Stars" CDs hadn't come in the mail yet so I really didn't have anything to promote myself. Play it by ear, see how I feel.

Picked up Triniti from work at Tattoo 23 and went to Maria's Tacos for dinner. Walking in saw Pete the Beat from the Mother Truckers setting up with some guys on the patio stage. Holy shit! I don't think I've even seen Pete since I left the Truckers in Dec 2010.

Great to see him as well, Pete's a great guy. Wish I was better at keeping in touch with people. Liked traveling with him cause he's like a Hobbit; he just wants everyone to have as much fun as he is. Good taste in hotel TV shows, and talks a lot in the way that starts conversations and keeps them going. Handy for someone kinda shy like myself.

Caught up with him for awhile til the band he was playing with started, caught a few songs and we headed home. And stayed. Took the night off, and it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment